If you’ve ever eaten at PF Changs and fallen in love with their chicken lettuce wraps, this meal is for you! We haven’t eaten there in years but I crave these all the time so I decided to make my own version, cleaned up a bit! Not only is this recipe easy to create at home, its much healthier and we all agree it taste even better!
If you are a master in the kitchen you could easily have this meal on the table in less than 20 minutes! I put my kids to work slicing and dicing and it was done in 15! Its packed full of protein, flavor and makes a perfect addition to your weekly meal prep. Double the batch and have lunch leftovers all week long! Enjoy!
Clean Eats Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Yield 4 servings
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 pkg sliced portobello mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 (8-ounce) cans whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter leaf lettuce
- Heat oil in a saucepan or wok over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Make sure to crumble chicken as it cooks and drain any remaining fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, carrots, mushrooms, hoisin sauce, coconut aminos, coconut vinegar, and ginger and cook until onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts and green onions and stir until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center or a lettuce leaf like you would a taco. Top with sriracha for an extra kick if desired. Enjoy!