These are the perfect option for your little athlete or yourself as a pre/post workout snack! I pop one every morning before hitting the gym. All three of my kids are active and involved in sports, these are a staple in their backpack every morning to keep them fueled after school during practice! Knowing they are enjoying whole healthy clean eats makes my mama heart happiest. The older they get the less and less they want to indulge in my home cooked meals. If there is something I make that they love, I make it often!
Little do they know they are packed full of protein, healthy fats and carbs to help them perform at their best! You’d be surprised how many of their teammates ask for them too! The best part is they are simple to make and you most likely have all the ingredients on hand. Customize to your families taste and enjoy!
Yield 3 dozen balls
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (slightly broken down in the blender)
- 1 cup all natural creamy peanut butter (I use Adams All Natural no-stir)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla protien powder (I use XR nutrition)
- 1/8 cup hemp seeds, ground flax or wheat germ
- 1 cup mix-ins (Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, dried fruit or chopped nuts are our faves)
- 2/3 cup raw local honey
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Combine all dry ingredients in kitchen-aid mixer bowl.
- Mix on low until ingredients are well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to blended dry ingredients.
- Mix on medium speed until a "dough" forms.
- Scrape sides of bowl with a spatula and mix again if needed.
- Remove bowl from Kitchen-aid stand.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop form dough into balls.
- Set balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet or storage container and refrigerate for at least one hour or until ready to eat.
- Keep refrigerated up to one week, if they last that long! Enjoy!
January 2017 marks my three years as the voice behind Clean Eats & Treats. I though it would be fun to show you the evolution of the Clean Eats & Treats Powerballs pic. When I first started my Instagram, blogging wasn’t even something I was familiar with. I had no idea other people would want to come back and recreate my recipes. I simply posted for my family and friends. Yes I searched the web and loved to spend hours sorting through recipes but I never thought I would be the one sharing. Fast forward three years and this little gig has become the most rewarding. I love sharing my passion with you. Thank you for being here and for your daily inspiration. Xo
Did you know my Powerballs were the very FIRST recipe I shared!? The first pic was the first recipe I ever posted to Instagram THREE years ago in 2014. The second was the pic I recreated for this post when I started my website in 2015. The one above is the most recent. You could say I’ve picked up some photography (and powerball rolling) skills along the way. Wow so funny!
Powerballs by Clean Eats & Treats Powerballs by Clean Eats & Treats
I also recently made my first video with the help from my friend Erin at Meaningful Eats. Check out her page, its full of gluten free goodness! We had so much fun and there will definitely be more to come! It seemed only fitting to film my very first recipe I ever posted for our first video! I hope you love it! Enjoy!