My FAVORITE way to cook spaghetti squash is to roast it! It’s simple, rich in flavor and absolutely delicious! Spaghetti squash is lower in carbs, calories and fat making it the perfect substitution for pasta! Try using it next time you’re making a spaghetti dish!
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1 (2-3) pound spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail and scrape out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place into oven and roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool long enough to handle.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.
- Enjoy as a substitute in your favorite pasta dish! This is mine