Eat five to six times a day
- Three meals and two to three small snacks. Include a lean protein, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and a complex carbohydrate with each meal. This keeps your body energized and burning calories efficiently all day long.
Drink at least two liters of water a day
- Preferably from a reusable canteen, not plastic; we’re friends of the environment here! Limit your alcohol intake to one glass of antioxidant-rich red wine a day.
Get label savvy
- Clean foods contain just one or two ingredients. Any product with a long ingredient list is human-made and not considered clean! Take a peek at my favorite Costco finds for some ideas of products I use and love!
Know thy enemies
- Steer clear of anything high in saturated and trans fats, anything fried or anything high in sugar.
Slow down and savor
- Never rush through a meal. Food tastes best when savored. Enjoy every bite!
Take it to go
- Pack your food in containers so you always have clean eats on the go. See my To Go tips!
Make it a family affair
- Food is a social glue that should be shared with loved ones. Improve the quality of your family’s life along with your own.